Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gore 12-20-09


Had a good day today... Rode summit for first time this year. Rode Hawkeye a few times and was pretty dec. Forgot how steep some of the headwalls are on the top part of the trail. They were making snow on Chatiemac and Cloud.


Here's Greg on Hawkeye


Headed down to base after several runs on top. Greg took some video of me on lower sunway. Practicing carving. Man, it feels really nice to really lay an edge into the snow, you can tell by the cool carve lines in the snow. I feel like i'm improving at carving, but it is still difficult on steeper trails. It's all about technique and form which i'm slowly putting together. I think my back arm moves like a rudder too much. My front shoulder opens up pretty bad going toeside to heelside.

No comments: